Fall Layering, Scarf Into Poncho

Friday, October 30, 2015

Don't get the perfect poncho yet? Here is the easy trick you want to know before spending $$.



Photographed by James Chrosniak  //  Seattle Pier

PONCHO (scarf) :: Forever 21 (other options down below)
TOP :: Forever 21
JEANS :: ASOS (old, similar HERE, HERE)
HAT :: Forever 21
BOOTS :: JustFab (  similar HERE, HERE, HERE)
BAG  :: Rebecca Minkoff ( old, similar in NAVY, BLACK

_________

Hi LOVEs! Happy Friday!
One of the fall styles I really adore every season is definitely the poncho. It looks so cozy and effortless, but it always turns out to be a super chic and fall-friendly outfit! Unfortunately, I'd gotten rid of all my ponchos last year because I felt they were sort of old in terms of styles and colors. To make matters worse, all the ponchos I wanted to get or found so far are somewhat expensive, so I had to pass them on... It was so sad...
HOWEVER!!!!! I just found the perfect one, which you can actually turn your favorite scarf into an amazing poncho !
I was wearing this super cozy grey scarf from Forever 21 by wrapping it around my neck as usual ( see the picture above, or check it here) but this one is actually a big enough to be worn as a poncho with a little easy trick: spread the scarf, drape it over your shoulder and secure it with a belt. How effortless is that? It also helps define your frame!
I am actually kind of surprised that I didn't come up with this idea untill now! I love maximizing the outfit options by using the same piece when it doesn't look like you wear the same clothes.  This trick is practical as you travel to colder places. Packing a scarf should be on the must-bring list, and you can actually make at least 2 looks for 2 days without having extra cozy items!

Underneath of this 'fake' poncho, I simply paired with basic items -- a black loose top and skinny jeans. I wanted to throw in some color, so I opted for these blue booties again because I have been so obsessed with them! Putting on a fedora always gives a great touch of boho vibe. I think you know that, right? And this time it adds up as a nice finishing effect! 

What do you think of the idea of making a scarf into a poncho?
I hope you like it as well as how I styled it!
Tomorrow is long-awaited Halloween! What are you guys dressing up as?   

_________


Thank you for reading!!!!
XOXO


♥ ☆ ♥ ☆ ♥ - STAY FASHiONABLE, STAY UNiQUE - ♥ ☆ ♥ ☆ ♥

You Might Also Like

3 fashionable comments

  1. Your hair always mesmerizes me... that color is so stunning on you! Love the look too... fall layering done right ;) xx

    Erica
    www.eggcanvas.me

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit/see my blog and leave your comment!!!!
Your comments always make me happy and even make my day so lovely!!!


xoxo

★AikA★

Biểu mẫu liên hệ

Name

Email *

Message *